Social media is a huge part of our daily life. It’s available 24/7 and it kills time. But sometimes, it’s important to do something for our mind and soul as well. It’s always easier said than done, because how to find out what is actually both – good for your soul and mind.
Frankly, I’m no big reader. I often wander in my mind while reading. At the beginning I’m curious about a new book but when I start reading and it isn’t captivating enough, I easily quit. So if I read a book from start to end, it has to be very good, informative maybe, captivating, realistic, maybe historical. These are just a few attributes that always get me.
Last year I listened to my very first podcast and loved it. Listening to a podcast or an audiobook is a good way to wind down a bit. Plus I can learn so much while doing other things and that’s always a win.
I listen to music every single day. I guess a day without listening to some good songs would be a wasted day. When I drive I always listen to the radio or my favorite playlist atm. Also I always listen to some songs while having breakfast. Music in the morning totally sets the tone for the entire day.
Therefore I would like to present you every month my favorite picks when it comes to music, podcasts, audiobooks or books. I won’t always choose recent stuff but stuff that is most important to me and really speaks to me personally. I hope you can enjoy them as much as I do…
Listen – Podcasts, Audio Books, Music
- Archetypes by Meghan (Podcast) – the reason I started listening to podcasts so it has to be mentioned; it’s also the best podcast I ever listened to
Read – Books, Magazines
- How to be Parisian by Caroline de Maigret (Book) – I have got this gem for a while already in my book shelf and I love to read it from time to time
- The Kinfolk Table / Recipes – A must have for every food lover and part time chef
Watch – Movies, TV-Series
- The Rookie – I love cop shows with interesting and thrilling cases and some funny aspects
- Suits – my favorite lawyers of all times
- S.W.A.T. – I have a weak spot for this series because of the team